Real Estate Information Archive
Displaying blog entries 1-10 of 33
I’m just starting my home search as a first time home buyer and overwhelmed by the process. How do I organize my home search?
What you are feeling is very common in first time home buyers. There is a lot to buying a home and selecting the right professionals to coach you through the process is #1. Here are some questions to get you started and organize your search.
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you need?
- Do you want a new home or would you prefer an older one?
- Are there special features you must have?
- Is the school district a factor for you?
- Do you want to be close to a shopping center?
- Is commuting to work a concern? If so, how far are you willing to drive?
- What style of home do you like?
- Do you want a fireplace, pool, yard, etc.?
Keep in mind it is rare that will you find EVERYTHING you want in a home. I like to use the 80/10/10 rule. You love 80% of the home, 10% you can change and 10% you can live with. When you find the right home you will know it! J
Troop Real Estate, Inc